Check us out on social media!

Weight Loss Journey: What Stress Did

It's been a while since I've posted a weight loss journey update, so I thought I would let you all know how it's going!

Well, suffice to say that I easily lost 2 pounds in one week. (Though I'm pretty sure more has been lost in the weeks to follow.)

After my hair color allergic reaction emergency, we had another emergency that required hospitalization. Who knew that I would bring home the flu during my trips the ER? Well, I did. So me, Twin, and Mom ended up really sick for a few days, and at that time, we didn't know Mom had an infection. After she was feeling better, we noticed that Mom's leg was looking really red, and you could tell something was wrong. So we took Mom to the hospital, where she was admitted for a severe infection AND a small blood clot in her right lung.

At that point, I was beyond stressed, and when I'm stressed, I don't eat. I just physically can't. When I am feeling stressed out, I feel sick to my stomach, and food just doesn't sound appetizing. So when Mom was in the hospital, I would do errands, housework, and anything else I could do to keep my mind off the fact that my mother was in the hospital. I would run every chance I got because running allowed me to run away from the stress at least for a little while. It was a lot better than sitting at home, praying she would be okay. Luckily, she was only in there for 4 days.

Now that Mom is home and doing okay, I feel like I can finally get back to my normal eating and exercising regime.

For some, stress causes them to eat. For me, I'd rather throw a brick than eat when I'm stressed. Is that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.