Check us out on social media!

The Good, Bad, & Ugly Side of Weight Loss



Weight loss is hard, no matter what size you are. There's always triumphs, trials, and tribulations. Somehow, in the span of my last check in, I experienced all 3.

As far as triumphs go, I beat my plateau by losing 5-6 pounds, stepping away from 250! I started eating more, which I hadn't before so there really was nothing to burn.

At the end of March

Granted, I haven't been working out much because to be honest, I got burnt out on running and working out. When you live in a city that doesn't have a lot of work out or running trails, you get bored very easily. My cousin offered to take me to Planet Fitness as a guest, but that's a story I'll tell you in a minute. Maybe the one day I go with her will jump start my love of running and working out again.

My greatest tribulation happened the other night. A friend came by really late at night (but I never found out why), and as I was standing outside talking to them, I suddenly got very sick and a few seconds later,I apparently passed out. I remember coming to on the concrete, saying "I'm okay", thinking I had just fallen. No, I had fainted and was out for about 15 seconds. They took me to the hospital and they couldn't figure out what happened, so it seemed to be a one-time occurrence. I had planned to go to Planet Fitness the next morning with my cousin but after that, I didn't trust that it wouldn't happen again.

I haven't had any issues since, but because it was the first time I had ever fainted, that paranoid feeling is still kind of there. But I plan on slowly reintroducing my work outs back into my daily routine.

Me & my favorite Star Wars shirt middle of April

So, ready for those numbers?
Last: 250lbs
Current: 245lbs
Loss: 5lbs

A week or two ago, my weight was at 243. Then the burnt out & fainting happened. Am I mad I gained 2 pounds?

No. I know that sometimes losing weight isn't always about the numbers. It's also about getting healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.